The installation of methane oxidation beds at four landfills (Barriere, Clearwater, Chase and Logan Lake) in the Thompson-Nicola Regional District is a key component in helping the TNRD acheive Carbon Neutrality. Methane oxidation can lead to significant removal of landfill methane, and thus has the potential to earn greenhouse-gas credits. The TNRD has measured and reported carbon emissions to the Climate Action Revenue Incentive Program since 2010 and has taken measures to reduce corporate emissions. The TNRD achieved Carbon Neutrality for the years 2013 and 2014.
- 2015 CARIP Carbon Action Revenue Incentive Public Report
- Climate Action Revenue Incentive Public Reporting - Climate Action Surveys 2014
- MOB Third-Party-Verification-Option2 2015
- TNRD Methane Oxidation Technology Impementation Study - 2014 Final
- Methane Oxidation Beds Project Plan
- Methane Oxidation Beds Third Party Verification
- Methane Oxidation Bed Technology Implementation Study 2013