Invasive plants affect everyone.
Invasive plants affect everyone and are one of the most serious threats to biodiversity in British Columbia. These plants are non-native, alien species that grow and spread at a rapid rate. In the absence of their natural predators and diseases, these weeds aggressively compete with native plants for water and nutrients, threatening the health of natural and economic resources, wildlife habitat, recreational opportunities and agricultural production. The TNRD offers a wide range of programs designed to aid residents in controlling invasive plants on their private property.
- Invasive Plant Program Overview
- Noxious Weed Control Contractor List
- Herbicide Rebate Application
- 50% Cost Share Application
- New Invaders Application
- Invasive Plant PMP
- Herbicide Treatment Day Sheet
- Knotweed Information: What is it? Why is it a problem? | Defending Your Property Against Knotweed | Disposal Rules for Knotweed