Providing health, safety and the protection of persons and property related to building construction.
Building Inspection Services administers Building Regulations Bylaw No 2066, 2005 within all electoral areas of the Thompson-Nicola Regional District. Building Inspection activities are undertaken to provide a monitoring function for reason of health, safety and the protection of persons and property related to building construction.
TNRD building inspection services are contracted to the municipalities of Ashcroft, Cache Creek, Chase, Logan Lake, Clinton, Lytton and Clearwater. Each municipality has its own building and zoning regulations. All building permit applications for these member municipalities are processed through the main TNRD office located at 300 - 465 Victoria Street in Kamloops.
In addition to the main Kamloops office, the TNRD provides scheduled services to the public out of satellite offices located in Ashcroft, Cache Creek, Chase, Logan Lake, Clinton, Lytton, Clearwater and Merritt.
- NEW! Information About Civic Addressing
- Wildfire Recovery Work Plan and Recovery Needs for Businesses Final Report
A Guide to Building Permits
- Building Inspector Schedules
- TNRD Climatic Data
- GIS Mapping of Building Permits
- Interior Health Authority – Sewerage Disposal Permits
- Homeowner Protection Office
- Technical Safety BC – Gas and Electrical Permits
- General permit information and handouts