Electoral Area “E” (Bonaparte Plateau)
Wild Goose Lake Wildfire
Yesterday's evacuation alert has been expanded by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District.
A wildfire burning in the vicinity of Wild Goose Lakes poses an imminent threat to people and property. Due to the potential danger to life and health, the Thompson-Nicola Regional District has expanded the Evacuation Alert for the area surrounding Wild Goose Lakes to include:
- 4385, 4405, and 4415 Big Bar Rd;
- All even numbered homes from 1876 to 1948 Lake Drive; and
- 2629 to 3193 Little Big Bar Rd; and
- All other properties as identified on the attached map.
Use the TNRD’s online interactive map to see all the areas on evacuation alert and the wildfires in the area: https://bit.ly/2tvM7ws
An evacuation alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises and property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance warning as possible prior to the evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN ALERT IS IN EFFECT
- Locate all family members and be prepared to evacuate your residence and property to an identified safe reception center.
- Gather essential items such as medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (insurance), photographs and immediate care needs for dependants.
- Prepare to move any disabled persons and children.
- Collect pets and pet needs.
- If possible, move livestock to a safe area.
IN THE EVENT AN EVACUATION IS REQUIRED, residents in the above described areas and as identified on the attached map will need to exit the area and will be directed to a designated reception center.
If you require more information contact the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operation Centre at 1-877 377 8673. Current hours of operation for the Emergency Operations Centre are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This hours are subject to change as require. Fore emergency assistance after hours contact the Emergency Coordination Centre at 1-800-663-3456.