Electoral Area “E” (Bonaparte Plateau) Northeast of Young Lake
Young Lake Wildfire
August 10, 2018 2:00 p.m. - Evacuation Alert and Map
An evacuation alert has been issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District. A wildfire burning northeast of Young Lake poses an imminent threat to people and property. Due to the potential danger to life and health, the Thompson-Nicola Regional District has issued an Evacuation Alert for the following:
- 7550, 7660, 7900, and 2220 Bonaparte Young Lake Forest Service Road, and
- All properties as noted on the attached map.
Use the TNRD’s online interactive map to see all the areas on evacuation alert and the wildfires in the area: https://bit.ly/2tvM7ws
An evacuation alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises and property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance warning as possible prior to the evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN ALERT IS IN EFFECT
- Locate all family members and be prepared to evacuate your residence and property to an identified safe reception center.
- Gather essential items such as medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (insurance), photographs and immediate care needs for dependants.
- Prepare to move any disabled persons and children.
- Collect pets and pet needs.
- If possible, move livestock to a safe area.
IN THE EVENT AN EVACUATION IS REQUIRED, residents in the above described areas and as identified on the attached map will need to exit the area and will be directed to a designated reception center.
If you require more information contact the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operation centre at 1-877-377-8673. Current hours of operation for the Emergency Operations Centre are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. These hours are subject to change as required. For emergency assistance after hours contact the Emergency Coordination centre at 1-800-663-3456.