Official Community Plans (OCP)

An Official Community Plan (OCP) is a comprehensive statement of goals, objectives and policies to guide decisions on planning and land use management across the lands covered by the Plan.  Developed by the community, for the community, an OCP is a legal document that serves to fulfill the community’s aspirations. Read more about Official Community Plans (OCP)

Public Process

Under the Local Government Act, adopting land use bylaws such as zoning and LUCs requires a public consultation or notification process. This may involve the following:

Land Use Contracts

Further to above, an amendment may be required to a Land Use Contract to permit different land uses or to release a parcel of land from a Land Use Contract.  See the Development Application Form link above to apply.



  Read more about Land Use Contracts

Zoning & Land Use Contracts

 As authorized under Part 26 of BC’s Local Government Act, the regulation of land use, development, and building is the purview of local government. The principal tool local government uses is a zoning bylaw. In the TNRD we have one bylaw, Zoning Bylaw No. 2400, that applies to the entirety of the regional district electoral areas. This regulation tells you what activities or “uses” you can do and where you can build on a parcel of land. In addition, we have inherited historic Land Use Contracts or LUCs that overlap zoning regulations. Read more about Zoning & Land Use Contracts

Responsible Dog Ownership

Responsible Dog Ownership

The Thompson Nicola Regional District Dangerous Dog Bylaw Services will strive to ensure that dogs, their owners and neighbours can live together in safety and harmony.

Bylaw Services advocates responsible pet ownership and encourages dog owners to adhere to principles of responsible pet ownership: Read more about Responsible Dog Ownership

Dangerous Dog Control Bylaw

Dangerous Dog Control Bylaw Information

Under the Thompson Nicola Regional District Bylaw No. 2383, the following sections apply to Dangerous Dog

“DANGEROUS DOG” means any dog that:

(a)        has killed or seriously injured a person,

(b)        has killed or seriously injured a domestic animal in a public place or while on private property, other than property owned or occupied by the person responsible for the dog, or Read more about Dangerous Dog Control Bylaw


Blackpool Fire Service Advisory


To provide input and advice to the Blackpool Volunteer Fire Department

Total Membership

5 voting members

Public Members Needed for 2018


Several customized maps are available for download in PDF format free of charge. The maps range in size, scale, and theme. We do not provide printing services. Please contact a print shop to make the any necessary arrangements Read more about Maps